We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
Criminal history. If you are a registered sex offender in any state, your application will be rejected. If you have ever been convicted of (or pled guilty or no contest to) a felony involving violence, drugs, or dishonesty, your application may be denied.
Rental criteria. To qualify for an unit you must meet the following criteria:
- Income. The total combined monthly gross income of all rental applicants in a given rental unit must be at least two (2) times the monthly rental rate. Only income that can be verified will be counted.
- If you are employed you must provide proof of income through pay stubs or documentation.
- If you are a full-time student with no independent source of income, we will require you to have your lease guaranteed.
- If you are unemployed, you must provide proof of a source of income, or your lease must be guaranteed.
- If self-employed, a verifiable tax statement showing earnings from the previous year must be provided.
- All adult tenants are jointly and severally liable, which means that each one can be held responsible for the payment of all funds due regardless of ability to pay.
- Rental history. You must have satisfactory payment history or mortgage payment history. If you have ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, your application will be rejected. You must be able to demonstrate a pattern of meeting your rental obligations, leaving prior residences in good condition, and not having a history of complaints from neighbors.
- Credit history. You must be able to demonstrate fiscal responsibility. If you have any charge-offs, unpaid debts, or a pattern of delinquent payments, your application may be denied. There can be no debts owed to prior landlords or any utility companies that provide electric, gas, or water services.
- Guarantor. If you do not meet one or more of the above criteria, you may be able to qualify for a unit if you can get a third party to guarantee your lease. The guarantor must pass the application and screening required for guarantors.
- Checking/Savings Account. You must have either a checking or savings account. Rent payments are automatically taken out of your checking or savings account every month.
Rental unit availability policy. Units only become available when they are completely ready to rent, including cleaning, painting, and the completion of maintenance work and planned improvements. Rental unit availability can change as units become available during the day or are removed from the rental market based on rentals, cancellations, or maintenance issues. A unit that was unavailable in the morning may become available later that same day. If you apply for a unit that becomes unavailable while your application is being processed, your application will be applied to the next available unit (if your application is not denied).
Age. A person must be 18 years of age and qualify financially to sign a lease. Each person over the age of 18 must fill out an application and must be a party to the lease.
Roommates. Each person 18 years or older must complete a separate application. Each applicant will be qualified separately. The income requirements may be combined.
Occupancy guidelines. To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in a unit. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable Fair Housing laws.
Valid photo identification and written authorization. You must be able to present current photo identification such as a driver’s license, military or state identification card or passport so that we can verify your identity. You must authorize us to verify all information provided in your rental application from credit sources, credit agencies, current and prior landlords and employers, and personal references, and allow us to run a criminal background check.
Application process. All rental applications are evaluated in the same manner, and each adult application must voluntarily provide his or her social security number for us to obtain a consumer credit report and/or criminal background report. Every individual over the age of 18 who will reside in the unit must complete an application for screening purposes.
We evaluate every unit application in the following manner.
- You must submit a rental application and answer all questions on the form.
- All individuals over the age of 18 must pay a nonrefundable application fee.
- We will determine, from your responses to the application questions, your credit report, criminal history, employment and rental references to determine whether you qualify for the unit you are applying for. If you do not qualify, your application will be rejected.
- If you meet our criteria, we will approve your application. This process may take several days.
- We will rent available units to applicants in the order that their applications are approved.
Pets. Qualified pets are allowed on a limited basis. See the pet page for more details.
· All payments are due the 1st day of each month with a grace period until the 5th.
· If full payment of rent is not received by the 5th of the month, a $30.00 late fee will be assessed. A $40 NSF fee will be assessed if your payment is bounced.
· An additional $5.00 per day will accrue until the account, including all late fees, is paid in full.
· Late fees will not be waived.
· If you pay late, but don’t include the late fees, you will be sent a notice advising you of your outstanding balance. A $30.00 service fee will be assessed for this letter.
· If payment is not received in full by the 10th you will be issued a 3-day notice to vacate and a $75.00 fee will be assessed ($30.00 service fee plus $45.00 civil service of process fee.)
· If payment has not been received within that 3-day period, a formal eviction will commence and an additional $500.00 legal fee will be assessed plus any additional legal costs.
· Eviction procedures may be temporarily halted if we are contacted by you with a payment plan and at least half of the rent payment is paid. Late fees will continue to accrue until rent is paid in full.